Google has started shutting down internet connections for millions of users in some areas of the world as part of a global effort to fight a new type of cyberattack.

    But many of those affected are in the US and many in Europe and Asia.

    “The internet is the most powerful platform in the world and it’s also a platform where we need to communicate with each other,” Google said in a statement.

    “For years, we’ve worked hard to make sure the internet works smoothly for everyone, but the latest attack on our system will make the internet much less secure.”

    A total of more than a billion people in the Americas, the Caribbean, Australia and New Zealand have been impacted by the attack, which has not yet been confirmed by Google.

    Google said that while it would temporarily stop the internet in some regions, most people would be able to connect to the internet over their normal phone lines.

    It was not clear if the attack would affect Google’s Google Fiber internet service or its Google Talk service.

    “We’re going to try to work with Google Fiber and other ISPs to make things more reliable in these areas, but we won’t be able for a few days,” Google spokeswoman Emily Pizzey told Reuters.

    The company said that users would be alerted via email or text message, and that it would notify customers if it had detected a change in connectivity.

    The problem was detected by security software called Trend Micro’s “Alerts and Threats” system.

    The system alerted users of any problems in their internet connections and also flagged any malicious activity on computers.

    The software flagged the malware used in the attack on Thursday, and the company said it would take action if a new infection was detected.

    “This is the first time we have seen this type of attack,” said a Google spokeswoman.

    “It’s not a normal attack.

    It’s malicious code.

    We’re working to help users protect themselves, and we are working closely with our network operators to help them manage and restore connectivity.”

    Google said it was working to fix the issue as quickly as possible, but that it had not seen a clear timeline for the service to return to normal.

    Google, which is the world’s most valuable internet company, said the attack affected more than 400 million people in more than 50 countries.

    “Our team is working around the clock to fix all of the issues,” a company spokeswoman said.

    Google has faced criticism from some in Congress over its handling of the attack.

    Last year, lawmakers called on the company to disclose how many people were affected, and how many of the affected were actually affected by the malware.

    In a letter, Republican Sen. Richard Burr, the chairman of the Senate intelligence committee, called the company’s response “poor and disappointing”.

    “There is no way to determine how many innocent people may have been affected, but this particular attack is very different than other, similar attacks that we have had to deal with,” Burr said.

    “These are targeted attacks.

    The attacks have been carried out by Russian actors.”

    Google did not respond to a request for comment.

    The attacks have come as Google is under scrutiny over how it handles data that ends up in the hands of governments and other companies.

    Last month, Google revealed it was investigating how it uses data collected by the US National Security Agency to target foreign governments.

    The NSA, which collects data from internet users around the world, is suspected of hacking the email accounts of some Google employees in the past.

    RELATED ARTICLES

    The Biggest Tech Fiasco of 2017

    TechCrunch has exclusively obtained a document detailing the latest revelations in the “Internet of Shit” saga.As of January, it is estimated that a staggering 40 million users were affected by the “fixed wireless” service outage on January 18, 2017.These users were left stranded in their…